Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Time Stood Still

Life is a tree, enduring harsh winters and blistering summers. For some time , I have not heard the chirping of birds or smelled the new growth as spring approached. Before you, I was enclosed in a dark stage of my life. My growth stopped, and my leaves turned brown as I wilted. But then, a day I will always remember came; a day when you entered my life. Once again, my flowers began to bloom and my leaves were no longer a dull brown, but an alive and fresh green. Hearing the sweet songs of the birds, and feeling the warm summer air brush my face, always brought a smile to my lips.

Many did not realise I was in this dark stage, for I hid my emotions, like a tree. I remained silent. Now, I listen to your tender voice...so warm...so comforting...just like the whispering wind as it blows across the land. It clears my head of troubles. I can feel your warmth as you hold me in your arms, like the sun beating down upon a tree. I stretched out my branches, welcoming the nourishing sun and let it penetrate deep into my soul; deep into my heart.

As I day dream of you now, I marvel at how amazing things are between us. Such a small change hoisted me out of my misery and redirected me to the sunny shores. In the depths of my heart, I know that the sun will not eternally burn and we may not also. When I think of myself going back into darkness, chills are sent throughout my soul. I feel a cold presence without pity or mercy. I've thought of it a lot, trying to find a way to fix the impending fate. As the time draws near, my hope falters, knowing the inevitable. Still, every day you look at me, and every day you fill me with contentment. Your confidence, and how you say that we will make it work, makes me realise that we all have a given amount of time and how we spend it is up to us. I can foresee that when I finally come to my senses, the time will be up.

Going against all logic and reasoning, the best idea is to just live life now and not think about the future. Every day is a gift of life and we all must spend it wisely. As for me, I feel I have made the right decision; to spend my time with a man who makes time stop for me...a man named Paul.

I love you...

2 comments:

  1. Thank you Princess I Love You xxxooo

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful writing Lauren. xxxxxx Just beautiful xxxx

    ReplyDelete