Sunday, October 18, 2009

Goal Setting

Ok, goal setting sure isn't easy. I don't want to set the bar too high for fear of failure (see, there's that high achiever in me again) nor do I want to make them too easy or I will quickly bore. So, to try and work out what is that I want, I have broken the big picture into categories under these titles:

ARTISTIC
I desperately want to buy a piano so I continue composing music. I would also consider the possibility of one day writing 'My Story'

ATTITUDE/PHYSICAL
I asked myself this question "Is there any part of my mindset holding me back?" HELL YES! I have very poor self confidence both in terms of my appearance and my ability to accomplish things. Hence why I have found myself in a rut for sometime. I want to lose weight but don't believe in myself enough to do it so nothing changes and I keep going around and around in circles! I want to improve this! I want my self confidence back! This is the goal I want to focus on immediately. I will dedicate at least 1 hour each day for physical activity and focus on a healthy diet. I want to lose 10% of my weight by the New Year.

CAREER/EDUCATION
Within the next 10 years I want to further my education in the area of social work. Possibly leading to a position as Guidance Officer within Education Qld. I don't think teaching alone will be enough to satisfy me for a further 10 years.

FAMILY
I would like to have at least one more child before I am 35.

FINANCIAL
Within the next five years I want to be in the financial position that enables me to purchase a house. This invovles me establishing a long term savings plan.

PLEASURE
I must make time for me! Whether it be writing this blog, listening to music, whatever! I don't want to feel guilty for taking time out. I plan on putting 'me time' on the priority list and no more guilt trips because I haven't folded the clothes or something yet (This is going to be a tough one!).

So there it is. I think I have covered most areas of my life that I want to improve but I'm aware the goal posts will be continually shifting. Finally I have tackled my indecisiveness and procrastination head on. No more excuses! Tomorrow is the start of a new me!

1 comment:

  1. my grade 10 English teacher told me "dreams are only ever dreams, for dreams to become goals and accomplishment of our lives they need positive affirmative action". its been the one saying that has stayed with me for over 27 years. You have set out some pretty great goals in that post and I believe you can do them. Make some enquires about your study you can do it externally at Uni now and setting the plan for the rest will all fall in to place because you can put anyting you put your mind too, youa re strng Lozz, I belive in you and you have to believe that you can do it. You have to give it ago before you can ever say "i cant do that". Love Kat xxxx

    ReplyDelete